Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Myopia by Syl Chene Coker


MYOPIA

 Syl Chene Coker

On the rainy mornings
you will see them drenched
PEASANTS! shivering in their emaciated bones
along the boulevard of misery
the boulevard of this country
are railway trucks in my heart
a train of anguish run on them

rags corollary of hunger
the rice pad of this country
are putrid marshlands in my soul
tender by no magic fertilizers
mountain if the wind blows tomorrow
make a sabre of that wind
if skeletons of stillborn promises
dry up in the catacombs
make me the incendiary bomb
if madness we must have
let me be the hangman hanging myself
hanging them, hanging the day
not by its neck not by its belly
but by its heart seen in its great betrayal!

Source: poetryfoundationghana.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...